June 6, 2007
For Immediate Release
Contact: Joe Kaufman (email@example.com
AAH DEMANDS CONGRESSMAN KEITH ELLISON DENOUNCE ISLAMIST GROUP OR RESIGN
MUSLIM AMERICAN SOCIETY PROPAGATING ANTI-JEWISH,
ANTI-CHRISTIAN AND PRO-JIHAD HATRED
(Coral Springs, FL)
On the weekend of May 25th, Minnesota Congressman Keith Ellison gave the keynote address in front of the Muslim American Society of Minnesota (MAS-Minnesota), at the group's 4th annual convention. While Ellison spoke, the group was actively spreading vitriolic hatred and violence aimed at Jews, Christians and other non-Muslims via its website.
The following statements are found on the MAS-Minnesota site, www.masmn.org:
- “The Holy Prophet (and through him the Muslims) has been reassured that he should not mind the enmity, the evil designs and the machinations of the Jews...”
- “In view of the degenerate moral condition of the Jews and the Christians, the Believers have been warned not to make them their friends and confidants.”
- “If you gain a victory over the men of Jews, kill them.”
- “The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say, ‘O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him.'”
- “May Allah destroy the Jews, because they used the graves of their prophets as places of worship.”
- “A Muslim must always worship Allah and wage jihad until death in order to reach his ultimate goal… Regularly make the intention to go on jihad with the ambition to die as a martyr.”
On Monday, June 4th, the Chairman of Americans Against Hate (AAH), Joe Kaufman, phoned the local and Washington, D.C. offices of Congressman Ellison to demand that he denounce MAS. Kaufman has received no response from the Congressman or anyone in his offices.
Kaufman stated, “When Keith Ellison ran for office, he denounced the anti-Semitism of Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam (NOI), a group that he was previously affiliated with. We demand that he do the same to the Muslim American Society. It is not only improper for a United States Representative to participate with such groups, but it is a danger to national security.”
This is at least the second time Keith Ellison has spoken in front of the Muslim American Society. The other time was right after he was elected to office, in December of 2006. As well, the Executive Director of the MAS Freedom Foundation, Mahdi Bray, campaigned for Ellison.
For further information, read Kaufman's FrontPage Magazine article, “Keith Ellison's Dangerous Liaisons.”
Joe Kaufman is available for interview. E-mail: info@AmericansAgainstHate.org.